MOA FOOTBALL 2017 TIPS FOR SELF-IMPROVEMENT
IN YOUR OFFICIATING
MOA FOOTBALL 2017
- Hold Yourself Accountable
- Be your own worst critic
- Hold your standard high and commit to push yourself
- Be tough, but be able to just walk away
- Do you ask for feedback (soon after game situation)
- Acknowledge your mistakes and say why!
- Who inspires you? (LT, Banks, Marchman, Mitchell, etc.)
- Get a mentor or style that you can develop you own style from
- Get yourself into the “zone”
- Don’t look for a pat on the back, you should know if you are on the right path
- Learn from others and their mistakes
- Create the ability to develop mental imagery
- Pre-rehearse game situations in your head (black and white calls are too easy)
- Shrink grey areas with sound philosophy
- Human Dynamics/People Skills and remember Game Management skills are key abilities
- Remember the crowd/fans are not here to see you, you are important part but game is for players/coaches/fans so DON’T STEAL THE SHOW!
- Call what is there!
- Remember John Wooden’s Pyramid of Values;
o Family (Officiating also)
- Desire to be a winner by putting forth the best effort that you are capable of doing